18 Perfect Ways To End The Weekend On A Hot Summer Day
To most people, weekends are simply too short, way too short. Although we still have a good balance between the working and weekends: in many parts in the world, the ‘weekend’ consists of only one single day. The more important it is to enjoy the weekend, to have fun with your friends, family and loved ones. Still, weekends often go by unnoticed, and it is almost over before you know it.
With still half a day to go until it’s Monday again, what is there to do, so you can look back at the weekend on Monday and say “yeah, it was a good weekend, I had fun”? So don’t get stuck in front of the television, shut your laptop down, and be inspired by some of the ideas presented below.
- Jogging / Going for a walk, best with a good friend or a few good friends. You don’t have to run a marathon, basic idea is to get some exercise, enjoy the fresh air, while socializing at the same time. Afterwards you can chill around somewhere or grab a drink.
- Grab the bicycle and cycle for a few miles with some friends. You might want to look for a destination, such as a beach club or downtown, or just cycle a round and enjoy staying at home thereafter.
- Organize a barbeque, get some friend together, and enjoy the freshly grilled meat and veggies while sunset kicks in.
- Relaxing with a whiskey and a cigar can be a perfect way to enjoy the sunset and let the weekend end. Either you want to get one or more friends together, but perhaps you enjoy doing this by yourself and enjoying the silence. Please note, this is not an encouragement to smoke or start smoking.
- Go to the beach / lake, chill around with some friends or with your family, and take a refreshing dive in the water. You can perfectly combine this with a barbeque or pick-nick.
- Have a pick-nick at the park with friends and family. Relax, get some basic but high quality stuff you like, and enjoy the weekend come to an end.
- Rent a boat and take a boat ride on the river or lake. Take some food and beverages along as well as your family or some good friends. Watch the sunset reflect on the water. Whiskey and cigars also go well together with a boat ride. Please note, this is not an encouragement to smoke or start smoking.
- Visit the beach bar, kick back and enjoy a wine or a cocktail with friend and family; stick your bare feet in the sand, and relax.
- Take a massage and give your body and mind the chance to fully relax, before the new working week starts.
- Visit the open-air cinema / theater and enjoy a play or movie.
- Build a sandcastle with friends or family.
- Go for some ice cream
- Organize a pool party at your home. Invite friends and family over, and take a refreshing dip when the temperature gets too high.
- Write a poem, story or song. Get inspired and be creative.
- Visit the zoo.
- Play mini golf.
- Make a smoothy or popsicle in the freezer. It will cool you down and depending your ingredients it can be really healthy too.
- Stay in a private space with your partner and enjoy each others presence … if you know what this means.
What are your perfect ways to end the weekend on a hot summer day? Share them with us by leaving a comment below.